Sunday, May 10, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: STAR TREK

First off,not a fan of the TV series. I have enjoyed most of the movies though.
Saw the rebirth this afternoon and was disappointed. The new actors are great but a poorly written plot with not much outer space action lead to a dull movie. The one thing that annoys me with Star Trek is the homage paid to each charactar when they arrive on screen.A false sense of nobility for a lot of the scenes with Kirk & Spock. After 40 years,I think it has sunk in that Kirk & Spock are buddies. McCoy is cantankerous,Scotty can't find the auxillary power until the last second,etc. Get on with the story and special effects,already! I liked some aspects of the movie. The girl playing Uhura was hot & Bruce Davidson was excellent as Captain Pike. Hopefully,we will have a better Star Trek next time around.
==================================================
I GIVE IT 2.5 BOWLS OUT OF 5

No comments:

Post a Comment