Sunday, January 25, 2009

Review: The Wrestler

Mickey Rourke makes another comeback. (He was also good in SIN CITY .) I really enjoyed this movie,especially when Marissa Tomei was dancing naked! What can I say,I'm a man! (She has the body of a 22 year old,by the way!!) I have been watching Pro Wrestling since I was a young boy. Saturday evenings & Sunday mornings were set aside for Bob Luce Wrestling (presented by Ben's Auto Sales). It was great! I have watched documentary's & of course seen Pro Wrasslin live,but nothing I have witnessed has ever displayed the brutality of the sport like this movie!
Rourke plays a broken down has-been who is now forced to play school gyms & performs for much smaller crowds. The movie follows him through his daily exploits,his attempts at reconcilliation with a young daughter,autograph shows where other broken down wrestlers are also on display and various small jobs he works at to survive. The movie paints a picture of a good man who has flaws,but got lost somewhere between the ring and real life. I loved it and give it 4.5 out of 5 pasta bowls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment